We are proud to announce the state-level winners for The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST). Below you can learn more about these outstanding educators.
Winners in mathematics:
- Alicia Bland, Mathematics 7 and 8, Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Hamilton County Department of Education
- Yanli Cui, Honors, Pre-AP, and AP Calculus BC and Multivariable Calculus, White Station High School, Shelby County Schools
- Lynlee Sims, Algebra and Pre-Calculus, Lenoir City High School, Lenoir City Schools
- Cicely Woodard, Mathematics 8, West End Middle School, Metro Nashville Public Schools
Winners in science:
- Kim Baumann, Honors and AP Chemistry (plus a remediation lab), Blackman High School, Rutherford County Schools
- Kris Krautkremer, AP Biology, Dobyns-Bennett High School, Kingsport City Schools
- Chikezie Madu, AP and Dual Credit Biology, White Station High, Shelby County Schools
The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST), established by Congress in 1983, are the highest honors bestowed by the United States government specifically for K-12 mathematics and science (including computer science) teaching. You can learn more about PAEMST here.